「牛奶」還是比「香腸」有價值!




以下是來自網路友人傳來的文章。我認為很意思。特刊載如下。原函有中文翻譯,我將部份譯文加以修改。原譯者若有意見,請來函指正,謝謝。


*******************************************************************


這是美國CBS 60 Minutes (六十分鐘 )主持人Andy Rooney40歲以上的女人的看法:
As I grow in age, I value women over 40 most of all.
當我年歲日增, , 我逾認40歲以上的女人超有價值。


Here are just a few reasons why: 理由如下?
A woman over 40 will never wake you in the middle of the night and ask, 'What are you thinking?'
40
歲以上的女人不會在半夜把你吵醒, 然後問你: 「你在想什麼?
She doesn't care what you think.因為才不在乎你在想什麼呢。
If a woman over 40 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it.
40
歲以上的女人如果不想看球賽,她不會坐在你旁邊啐啐唸。

She does something she wants to do, and it's usually more interesting.
她會去做她想做的,而且通常會是<比看球賽>更有趣的事情。

Women over 40 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera, or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. 40歲以上的女人是雍容自重的,他們顯少會在歌劇院或高級餐廳裡跟你嗆聲的。


Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.
不過,如果你們是罪有應得,而且她們認為這樣可以擺脫困擾的話,也會毫不遲疑地嗆回去的。

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated.熟女們不會吝於讚美,即便那是溢美之詞。因為她們知道被貶抑的滋味是什麼。
Women get psychic as they age. 女人年歲越增,越是能靈犀通達。
You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 40.
因此,你們永遠不必向40歲以上的女人招認你們的罪行。

Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 40 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.
其實,40
歲以上的女人遠比年輕美眉性感,只要你們能夠對 一兩 條皺紋視而不見

Older women are forthright and honest.熟女們是直率而坦誠的。
They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk, and if you are acting like one. You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.
如果你們行為舉直像個混球,她們會立刻罵你是個混球。因此,你完全不需要傷腦筋去揣摩她的心意。

Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of reasons.
的確,40歲以上的女人有很多優點值得我們去讚美。






Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal.
很不幸地,40歲以上的男人卻不能被等同看待。

For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed, hot woman over 40, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 20-year old waitress.
相對於每一個出色、精明、裝扮得體、熱情之40歲以上的女人,反倒是配一個禿頭、大腹便便,卻自欺欺人地老愛和二十多歲女侍打情罵笑的熟男。

Ladies, I apologize. For all those men who say, 'Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?', here's an update for you.
女士們,我得為那些總愛說:「當你可以喝到一杯免費牛奶時,何必去買頭母牛」的男人來道個歉。同時要讓諸位男士明瞭最新的狀況。

Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage.
今天有80%女人是寧願不要結婚的。
Why?為什麼呢?
Because women realize it's not worth just to get a little sausage buying an entire pig!
因為女人們業已體會到:為了一根小香腸去買回整隻豬,是划不來的!


(本文同時刊登在「老爸老媽網」(http://www.oldadma.com?)



arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜
    創作者介紹
    創作者 efang188 的頭像
    efang188

    efang188

    efang188 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()